My real job is quickly approaching again as we move into fall. I’ve stockpiled plenty of material, but things will inevitably slow down a bit. I also have a few big projects on my plate related to Statistical Skier that I’ll be talking more about in the next week or two, so I have plenty to keep me busy. As for this past week,
- With the Vuelta a España in full swing I slapped together some of the bump charts like I did for the Tour de France.
- Since there’s been a fair bit of hand-wringing in the Norwegian press over the last few years about their men’s distance skiers, I thought I’d take a look at how they’ve actually fared over the last 18 years relative to everyone else.
- Another diversion with some non-skiing data this week, looking at some triathlon data to see whether we can glean any strategy lessons from the data.
- We’re almost done (I think) with the retiring skiers, this week recapping the career of biathlete Sandrine Bailly.
- <Week In Review: Friday, June 11th
- <Week In Review: Friday, June 18th
- <Week In Review: Friday July 16th