Did you know?
- The Burlington-area has the highest density of the best Nordic skiers in the State
- Vermont is the best State in New England (Eastern High School Champions!)
- New England is the best region in the country (an unprecedented 4 consecutive years)
- Kikkan Randall is the BEST IN THE WORLD (2012 World Cup Sprint Champion)
- Nordic skiers are the coolest people ever (I do not have objective verification of this last one!)
I am writing to announce the Mansfield Nordic Club (MNC) Summer 2012 programs. The summer programs are for endurance athletes that want to take their training to a new level. With a fabulous group of coaches, more frequent training, and a “de-centralized” model, this should be a significant improvement over prior years.
The goals of MNC include supporting long-term development of endurance athletes. This may include skiers, runners, and bikers. We will focus on nordic ski training, however these programs could also benefit a soccer player or a swimmer. We will perform a variety of training that will include basic athletic skill development, endurance training, technique, and strength. Activities will include running, rollerskiing, bounding, strength work, hiking, and even some biking.
New For 2012:
- We will have 2 training options for this summer:
- Development Group: This is a 3-day/week option for athletes that are newer to summertime training (Monday / Wednesday / Saturday mornings). Cost: $475 ($350 for 2nd family member)
- Competitive Group: This is a 4-day/week option for more advanced athletes (Monday / Wednesday / Saturday mornings, plus Thursday evenings). Cost: $600 ($475 for 2nd family member)
- Weekly training in the Hinesburg-area.
- We will rollerski on the open-roads from time-to-time.
Register online via the following link: http://form.jotform.us/form/
Word of Mouth: please pass this information along to anybody that may be interested.
If you have any questions, please let me know.