This morning we did our second double-pole test of the year up Greystone Rd in Richmond. It was cold, damp, and breezy with the temp around 39˚. We last did this test in August (9th and 15th) on two days that were both beautiful, sunny, and 70-80˚. The course is a steep climb for about 600m. We do this test a few times each year to track individual progres over time. Because rollerski speeds vary so much, it isn’t useful to compare times against other athletes. This morning it was much colder than all of our previous attempts (summer and last fall), which makes getting the poles to grip a bit more difficult. Results are below.
- Tuesday 11/6: 4pm at Round Church. Skate + specific strength
and strength test.
- Thursday 11/8: 4pm at Round Church. Classic + long L3 intervals (intervals may get moved to Sunday).
- Sunday 11/11: 9-11:30am at Mud Pond (Williston). Long classic rollerski. Be prepared with food/fluids.
Training 11/12 – 11/18: “Speed Week”.
- Tuesday 11/13: 4pm at TBD. Skate + speed and power (strength).
- Thursday 11/15: 4pm at TBD. Classic sprint time-trial if possible.
- Sunday 11/18: 9-11am at TBD (possibly Bear Trap Rd in Milton). Classic rollerski + time-trial.
- Forrest Hamilton, 2:41 (2:41, 3:05)
- Ben Hegman, 2:52 (2:49, 3:29)
- Henry Harmeyer, 2:53 (2:51, 3:14)
- Bill Harmeyer, 3:01 (3:02, 4:25)
- Sam Longenbach, 3:07 (3:15, 3:35)
- Parker Francis, 3:17 (2:59, 3:48)
- Emmett Peterson, 3:19 (3:53)
- Nathanael Kuzio, 3:21 (3:18, 4:00)
- Ethan John, 3:28 (3:29, 4:03)
- Murray Banks, 3:48
- Melissa Manning, 3:49 *** new womens’ record (previous 3:56)
- Amy Bruce, 4:07 (4:58)
- Will Solow, 4:09 (4:35)
- Cally Braun, 4:12 (4:09)
- Rachel Slimovitch, 5:51
- Charlie Cobb, 5:51