Picking up where we left off, here are some random facts about Jessie Diggins, one of seven U.S. Ski Team women officially named to the 2014 Olympic team on Wednesday.
Athlete: Jessie Diggins
Team: U.S. Ski Team; Stratton Mountain School T2 Team (first Olympics)
Hometown: Afton, Minn.
- I was never a cross-country runner, but 100m Fly was my stroke on the swim team
- I can do the splits, thanks to hyper-mobility and a year of gymnastics when I was 5 yrs old
- I love to bake, and would make banana bread for someone every day if I had time
- I love anything with adrenaline, and have gone bungee jumping (and plan to go again)
- I took dance classes for 10 years when I was younger. I was never that good, but I LOVED it. Blame that for my love of glitter and pink.
- I am terrified of clipless pedals on bikes
- I don’t like raisins and will actually pick them out of cereal (yes, I’m THAT kid)
- Go-to mantra or motto: When I’m having a tough day, it’s usually because I don’t have great self confidence in my ability to ski fast that day, so I just tell myself “you CAN do this! You can!”
- What do you miss most while on the road (besides family and friends)? Besides family and friends: my dogs, and being able to cook for myself.
- Best part about being a pro athlete: Feeling so fit and strong and like I can do anything I want to, and getting to travel around the world experiencing new cultures and seeing new countries.
- 3 travel essentials: American gum, Cold-eeze, and lots of cotton t-shirts
- Go-to travel meal or food: A turkey sandwich and salad.
- Song that you could listen to non-stop: “I Knew You WereTtrouble” by Taylor Swift. But mostly because of our music video to that song 🙂
- Song you wouldn’t mind never hearing again: Any kind of angry rap music.