Good Monday morning! Hungry? We’ve got you covered. Try this “Oat Bran with Cherries & Almonds” recipe from the Racing Weight Cookbook by Matt Fitzgerald and Georgie Fear. We asked them to highlight one of their favorites from the book, so here it is from page 41. To see your favorite dishes featured, email email@example.com with the subject line: “Recipe.”
For more great recipes, check out the best from our readers — recognized last week in Rottefella’s Ultimate Refueling Contest.
OAT BRAN WITH CHERRIES & ALMONDS
2 SERVINGS // 15 MINUTES HC R V
- 3 cups water
- 1½ cups oat bran
- pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cherries
- 2 tablespoons (½ oz.) almonds, slivered
- milk (optional)
1. In a saucepan, bring water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add oat bran and cook uncovered until the mixture begins to thicken, 5–10 minutes. Stir periodically to keep oat bran from sticking to the pan.
2. While oat bran is cooking, cut each cherry in half and remove pit with a paring knife.
3. Season oat bran with salt, vanilla, and sugar and stir to blend. Remove from heat and divide between two bowls. Top with cherries and almonds and a splash of your favorite milk, if desired.
Per serving: 422 calories, 10 g fat, 74 g total carbohydrate, 13 g dietary fiber, 15 g protein
TIP: Save time by combining water, oat bran, salt, vanilla, and sugar in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds, stir, and microwave for an additional 90 seconds. Let rest a few minutes before topping and serving.
DQS COUNT (per serving) FRUITS 1 WHOLE GRAINS 1 NUTS & SEEDS 1