ST. PAUL, MN – On Monday, Endurance United announced that it is accepting applications to fill the position of Executive Director. The position is full time and requires a passion for communities, endurance sports and a vision for how to inspire people to be more active and enjoy the outdoors. A candidate must be able to inspire and manage staff, volunteers, members and the community stakeholders.
Position Description: The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the execution of the mission and vision of Endurance United and leads the day-to-day operations under the direction of the Board of Directors. Qualified candidates must have excellent leadership, human relations and organizational skills. An ideal candidate would have skills and experience in coaching, event management, community relations, and fundraising.
About Endurance United: Based in St. Paul, MN, Endurance United is a 501(c)(3) dedicated to the development, support and promotion of endurance sports and related outdoor activities in Minnesota. Endurance United hosts many running, skiing and bike events throughout the year, as well as provides outdoor programming to over 1200 participants. Endurance United also plays an integral role in maintaining the trail system at Battle Creek Park in St. Paul.
This position is based in St. Paul, Minnesota.
How to Apply: A resume and letter of interest that addresses the desired qualifications must be submitted by April 15, 2015 to Mike Brown, President of the Board of Directors of Endurance United.
Email To: Mike Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org
See Description of Responsibilities Below.
- Reports to Endurance United Board of Directors. The Executive Director provides monthly updates and recommendations to the Endurance United Board of Directors and attends bi-monthly meetings of the Board.
- Leader. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the execution of the mission and vision of Endurance United. In support of this duty, the Executive Director:
- develops and implements short and long-term strategies to improve and expand all areas of the organization, and to secure adequate funding to ensure Issue’s continued success
- develops and implement plans to market and promote Endurance United, its events and programs, all with the intent of promoting active, outdoor, healthy lifestyle.
- establishes and maintains effective channels of communication between members, participants, community members, sponsors and Board.
- Community Liaison. The Executive Director is the liaison between Endurance United and state/county/city personnel/non-profit organizations/private partners with the goal of encouraging cooperation and support from these entities for Endurance United and its’ mission. The Executive Director will monitor state and local governmental and non-governmental activities that may impact the organization. As appropriate, the Executive Director takes action as needed to foster a positive impact for the organization.
- Programming. The Executive Director is accountable for oversight of all programming for Endurance United in concert with the Program Director. The Executive Director mentors, inspires and learns from coaching staff and Program leaders.
- Event Management. The Executive Director provides leadership and direction to event operations and related sponsorship opportunities. This role requires interface and management of staff, volunteers, community personnel and sponsors. Volunteers are critical to Endurance United’s success, and the Executive Director must create and implement a plan to obtain volunteers and foster good relations with volunteers.
- Management. The Executive Director is accountable for overall administration of the organization, including development and direction of all programs and events. In partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director:
- creates, implements & maintains an on-going business plan, including short & long term goals for Endurance United.
- develops an annual financial plan for revenues and expenditures.
- manages human resources, capital, physical assets and general operating expenses in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Fund raising. The Executive Director has primary responsibility for Endurance United’s efforts to fund its growth through programming, events, sponsorships, grants, donations, user fees, and other fundraising activities. This responsibility includes creating a fund raising strategy in consultation with the Board and implementing the strategy once approved. This also requires some amount of public speaking and meetings on behalf of Endurance United.
- The Executive Director is CREATIVE, PASSIONATE, and LEADS BY EXAMPLE.