INVITATION TO PARTICIPATE in the first edition of the XC105 Nordic Ski Festival in British Columbia!
From November 23rd to 26th, 2017, the XC105 Nordic Ski Festival will take place at Sovereign Lake Nordic Club and SilverStar Mountain Resort Ltd in Vernon, BC. Renowned for their exceptional ski conditions, especially at the beginning of the season, the two ski resorts will be jointly hosting activities that will appeal to all, whatever your level: beginner, intermediate or elite skier.
Fun is our mission! During the Festival, you will have the opportunity to ski on the joint trails of Sovereign Lake Nordic Club and SilverStar Mountain Resort Ltd and to participate in fun activities!
Whether you choose the 4 day or 2.5 days package, you will have the choice to participate in one or several activities such as:
- Night skiing/dancing with DJ and headlamp relay
- BeerCanBeiner (Ski a short “race course” with beer tasting stations)
- Turkey Trot (Point to point ski with chocolate tasting stations)
- Ski the World Cup course with an Elite skier
- Biathlete for an hour
- Informal Time Trial
$99 includes 4 day ski pass (dual area), Friday night dance party and night skiing and Informal Time Trial.
$55 includes 2 days (Sat-Sun) ski pass (dual area), Friday night dance party and night skiing. Additional fee « A la carte » per chosen activity. See Event costs on our website at https://www.sovereignlake.com/event/november-nordic-festival/
Schedule of activities and friendly races:
- Thursday November 23rd 7pm, SilverStar village
- Turkey Dinner A catered dinner, complete with motivational ski videos.
- Friday November 24th
- Informal Time Trial 10am, Sovereign Lake Stadium. Take an early opportunity to put on a bib and raise your heart rate in a time trial with a twist.
- Ski Yoga 4pm SilverStar village Spend a gentle hour restoring mobility after a hard day’s skiing in a yoga session led by a fellow nordic skier with experience in ski-specific yoga.
- Night skiing with music and a headlamp relay 7pm Sovereign Lake day lodge. It is a proper party this time. The night lodge has music and dancing, the lights are on for night skiing, and the relay is heading out into the dark trails.
- Saturday November 25th
- Ski demos, on snow starting 9am. Sovereign Lake Stadium
- Ski the World Cup course with an elite racer. 2pm, Sovereign Lake
- Ski the World Cup 5k loop with an elite skier, learning pacing and transition strategies to gain time, while supporting Olympic dreams. Top active athletes are taking time from their preparation for the NorAm/ SuperTour series to lead groups of five skiers. 100% of the money from this event goes directly to these athletes to support their training and preparation. You can choose between skate or classic technique, World Cup or world masters course, and English or French language for your two-hour session.
- Be a biathlete 1pm or 2:15pm, Sovereign Lake biathlon range
- Have you ever wondered why biathlon is so popular in Europe? Spend an hour learning the basics from our coaches, including learning to shoot with your skis on, and then test your skills in a ‘sprint’ race. These are small group lessons.
- Ski Yoga 4pm SilverStar village
- Spend a gentle hour restoring mobility after a hard day’s skiing in a yoga session led by a fellow nordic skier with experience in ski-specific yoga.
- BEERcanBeiner. 7pm at SilverStar
- Named after the famous Norwegian Birkebeiner ski race, this event involves skiing short distances between craft beer sampling stations.
- Sunday November 26th
- Turkey Trot 9 am On trails This is a point to point ski with chocolate stations starting in the Sovereign Lake stadium and finishing at the SilverStar Village Main Street.
- Ski demos, on snow starting 9 am at Brewer’s Pond, SilverStar
Where to stay?
There are accommodation options in SilverStar village (see skisilverstar.com) OR the city of Vernon (see tourismvernon.com).
SilverStar has ski in/ski out options and is at 1,600m elevation. It is walking distance to some of the events.
Vernon is a much larger community with a wider choice of accommodation and restaurants, and is a 25 minute drive from the ski Resorts.
For more information, please visit our website at www.sovereignlake.com/festival/ OR call 250-558-3036.
Registration contact: Gerry Furseth email@example.com
buy albuterol inhaler,buy combigan online,buy chantix,buy voltaren gel online