Passionate about being outdoors and active?
Love skiing and working with kids?
Skiku Executive Director role:
- Work to achieve Skiku’s mission to bring the health and recreation benefits of cross-country skiing and biathlon to rural Alaska.
- Professional planning, budgeting, and financial management for an established non-profit corporation.
- Implement development strategies, including fundraising, preparing for grant proposals and managing grants.
- Developing and maintaining cooperative relationships with schools and officials in the communities we serve.
- Recruiting volunteers to serve as Skiku coaches.
- Developing expertise on travel to Alaska’s remote locations.
- Reporting to staff and board of directors.
The position is based in Anchorage, Alaska and begins August 1st. Application deadline May 30, 2019. Want to help 7000+ new skiers keep on skiing? Email resume or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A muzzle brake or recoil compensator is a device connected to, or a feature integral to the construction of, the muzzle or barrel of a firearm or cannon that is intended to redirect a portion of propellant gases to counter recoil and unwanted muzzle rise. The concept of a muzzle brake was first introduced for artillery and was a common feature on many anti-tank guns, especially those mounted on tanks, in order to reduce the area needed. Muzzle brakes are more than just those cool add-ons to guns you see in action movies. They can serve an extremely important purpose. #rotorm #muzzlebrake #ammo