Working Title: Head Coach (Men’s and Women’s Nordic Ski)
UW System Title: Head Coach
Essential Job Functions
This position reports to the Deputy Director of Athletics and is responsible for the leadership and organization of all aspects of a successful Division 1 intercollegiate Men’s and Women’s Nordic Ski program.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Planning and conducting tryouts and practices.
- Identification, assessment, and recruitment of qualified student athletes.
- Development of training and conditioning programs.
- Scheduling competition and team travel.
- Fundraising, purchasing, and budget recommendations and management.
- Academic, compliance and team conduct supervision.
- Supervision of assistant coaches.
- Represents the University on conference, regional and/or national level.
- Bachelor’s degree at time of application
- 2 years of coaching experience
- Experience with ski waxing
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
- 3 years of coaching experience
- Experience recruiting at the NCAA level
- Ability to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification exam upon hire
The successful candidate will be expected to work inclusively and respectfully within a diverse campus community and practice civility in the workplace. The University welcomes applicants who are dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of inclusivity and equity as crucial components in the pursuit of organizational excellence.
In addition, the successful candidate will have strong oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills, demonstrated integrity and strong leadership, and the willingness to work independently and as part of a collaborative team. The University invites applicants who are dedicated to enriching the quality of life for students and the community by embracing the educational value of diversity, promoting environmental sustainability, encouraging engaged citizenship, and serving as an intellectual, cultural, and economic resource.
Conditions Of Appointment
Position is a full-time Limited appointment. Official transcripts of the highest degree achieved will be required of finalist(s). A criminal conviction investigation will be conducted on the finalist(s). In compliance with the Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, the university does not discriminate on the basis of arrest or conviction record.
All final candidates must be asked, prior to hire, whether they have been found to have engaged in, are currently under investigation for, or left employment during an active investigation in which they were accused of sexual violence or sexual harassment. When obtaining employment reference checks, these same sexual violence or sexual harassment questions must also be asked.
The University of Wisconsin-Green Bay does not offer H-1B or other work authorization visa sponsorship for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire and maintain work authorization throughout the employment term. If you have questions regarding this, please contact Human Resources.
Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
The UW System provides an excellent benefits package, including participation in the Wisconsin State Retirement System.
- Total Compensation Estimator: https://www.wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/benefits/totalcomp/
STEP 1: Please select the applicable link below:
External Applicants: (NOT currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
Internal Applicants: (Currently employed by the University of Wisconsin System)
STEP 2: From “Search Jobs” screen,
- Click “View All Jobs“
- Select “Head Coach (Men’s and Women’s Nordic Ski)”
- You must login before you can apply. Input your “User Name” and “Password” and select “Sign In.”
- If you have not yet registered, click “Register Now” to begin the registration process.
STEP 3: Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields, and include all required documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents:
- Cover letter that specifically addresses qualifications for the essential job functions
- Names and contact information for three references
You must select “Submit” to forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, call or email:
Phone: (920) 465-2116
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by Wednesday, June 2, 2021.