Pineland Farms / FKOC have an immediate opening for a Venue Manager / Nordic Skiing Coach. This position will require 40 hrs/week and will require flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
Working together with the Pineland Outdoor Recreation Director, FKOC Board of Directors and local volunteers, the Venue Manager will establish a consistent presence at FKOC welcoming and assisting users and in the community promoting the activities available.
Duties to include the following
- Maintain and increase membership thru community outreach
- Oversee programming
- Coaching Nordic and Biathlon post graduate and youth athletes in the Jalbert program which would include coaching athletes at competitions off site, and coordinating the Saturday learn to ski program
- Solicit and coordinate events with partners; MPA, NENSA, USBA, NEMBA etc
- Venue development through new uses of facilities to engage new community members
- Coordinate maintenance of facilities indoor and outdoor together with volunteers and contractors
- Coordinate priorities with the board of directors
- Marketing events and programs through social media and website
- Ensure Pineland’s insurance and safety protocols are implemented
- Must be reliable
- Must have excellent communication skills with proficient computer skills
- Flexibility is a must as events/programs may dictate work time
- Strong customer service skills and attention to detail
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently and collaboratively within a team of volunteers
- Must be able to perform light maintenance work around the venue, must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally and must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
Salary commensurate with experience, position includes paid holidays and health care benefits.
Candidates are subject to a background check.
Interested applicants may send cover letter and resume to:
Fort Kent Outdoor Center
33 Paradis Circle, PO 541
Fort Kent Maine 04743
Email to: Carl Theriault, email@example.com