Location: Ironwood, MI
Status: Full-Time/Year Round
Start Date: Negotiable (Oct 2023-Oct 2024)
The Operations Manager will be responsible for operating Anderson Bluffs & River Trails Foundation (currently known as ABR Ski Trails) as the premier Midwest Nordic ski destination. This is a full-time, at-will employee, reporting to the Board of Directors Designee.
ABR is a full-service Nordic center located on over 1100 scenic acres of rolling terrain along the Montreal River in Ironwood MI offering over 101km of classic/freestyle trails, snow shoe trails, trailside rustic cabins, warming huts along the trails, & a cozy chalet at the trailhead.
On April 1, 2025, the Anderson Bluffs & River Trails Foundation will continue ABR’s legacy of world class Nordic skiing in the beautiful Upper Peninsula of Michigan. We are seeking a dynamic individual to support this transition and ensure the highest quality skiing experience under our non-profit foundation. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Nordic skiing and excel in customer service, leadership and project planning and have a strong mechanical acumen. This position will be responsible for daily operations, business management, personnel management, safety management and board engagement, while also working with a team of seasoned groomers to ensure the highest quality skiing experience. The right person must have the ability to work in all climatic conditions and perform some manual labor. Knowledge of power tools, small equipment and snowmobile proficiency are also critical.
To ensure the smoothest of transitions from the existing for-profit business to our non-profit foundation, we are seeking to employ the successful candidate well before the formal transition date of April 1, 2025. The preferred hiring date is between October of 2023 and October of 2024, to be negotiated. This will be a full-time, year-round position. Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
What you’ll be doing……
- Perform all duties & activities in compliance with Foundation’s budget & policies.
- Daily Operations and Ski Ambassador roles (e. overall daily operations while coordinating with Chief Groomer, oversee sales/rentals/tech services, inventory management, rustic cabins/sauna management & scheduling, oversee maintenance & contractors, shoveling snow, fire-starting, general common area cleaning & stocking, parking lot snow removal)
- Business Management & Development (e. develop & market new customer audiences, bookkeeping, website/social media postings, purchasing, manage inventory)
- Personnel Management (i.e. supervision & scheduling of employees & volunteers)
- Safety & emergency management
- Off-Season Duties (maintenance of buildings, land, & trails, firewood, ski season prep, & new Summer/Fall activities)
- Engagement with Foundation Board of Directors
What You’ll Bring to the table…..
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Business acumen
- Retail, Customer Service, Project Management, or Sales experience
- Physically demanding tasks including lift a minimum of 40 pounds & climb stairs
- Must pass background check & be eligible to work in the US
What You May also have experience with…..
- Nordic Skiing
- Resort management
- Health certifications, safety/mechanic/carpentry skills
This job description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities, and activities will evolve over time as the needs of the facility change.
Send resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.