Madison Nordic Ski Club is looking for dependable individual with strong work ethics to lead club youth programs. Racing and coaching experience at the club level is a plus. Must work well with others in a team approach. Weeknights and weekends are a must. This is a full time position with a starting salary $25-$27,000, based on qualifications.
Position: Head Coach/Program Director
1. Competitive Development – Foster individual excellence
2. Human Resource Management – Attract, develop, deploy and supervise contractor/volunteer coaching staff, exercise leadership, and encourage a productive and dynamic coaching team.
3. Promotion – Promote activities that enhance the image MadNorSki through involvement in high performance organizations and professional coaching associations, sponsorships and partnerships
4. Administration – Working under the direction of the MadNorSki Youth Committee and MadNorSki board, ensures effective, efficient team operation within a set budget, and ensures that administrative functions are carried out completely and professionally.
Specific Accountabilities and Deliverables:
- Establish, communicate and oversee Long Term Athlete Development Model across all youth programs at the club
- Complete USSA Club Certification, maintain consistent communication with USSA Club Development department and comply with USSA Club Development model
- Manage all coaching personnel, including: hiring, training, monitoring, evaluation and, when required, dismissal.
- Together with the other coaching staff, develop appropriate training programs. This includes meet schedule, weekly training schedules, and athlete monitoring and mentoring.
- Works supportively and collaboratively with coaches from other Teams of shared training, training camps, team travel, coaching strategies, etc.
- Attend all Team competitions
- Develop and maintains group training and competition development records.
- Maintain coaching certification levels through professional development.
- Develop and implements recruiting strategies for coaches at all levels.
- Ensure that coaching and administrative processes align with the strategic direction of MadNorSki.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with the MadNorSki membership on all issues regarding the Team.
- Develop and implement all aspects of the marketing/promotional plan.
- Manage the operation and ensures that the Team operates within budget
- Oversee administrative functions (race entries, athlete selection, recording of results, travel arrangements and expense forms and all other necessary administrative functions)
- Actively recruits new athletes
- Oversee and manage Trails Kids, Middle School and High School programs.
- Oversee and manage special events: Run for Snow, Silent Auction, Bike Raffle, Chilly Feed and Ski Swap.
Please send resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.