The Hungry Skier is back! We want your favorite recipes for fitness-and-health-conscious skiers just like you. Summer is the perfect time to try new dishes and refuel after a good old-fashioned workout and/or long day under the beating sun. The following comes from the “Racing Weight Cookbook: Lean, Light Recipes for Athletes” by Matt Fitzgerald and Georgie Fear, RD. Email your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Recipe.”
ONE-POT QUINOA, CHICKEN & VEGGIES
4 SERVINGS // 25 MINUTES
Recipe profile: High Protein, Recovery
Sometimes a complicated meal just isn’t going to happen. This is one of my common postworkout meals, a perfect fit for those times when I want some high-quality carbohydrates and protein without a lot of fuss. If you have leftovers, it also makes a great lunch.
- 2½ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons organic chicken or vegetable bouillon
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2½ cups cooked chicken breast or rotisserie chicken, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
1. Bring water to a boil in a medium saucepan over high heat. Add quinoa, bouillon, and garlic and return to a boil.
2. Cover, reduce heat to low, and set timer for 20 minutes. After 10 minutes have gone by, stir in chicken, zucchini, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil and cover again.
3. With 2 minutes remaining, remove lid and stir again. Leave pot uncovered to allow any remaining water to evaporate. Scoop into bowls and enjoy.
Per serving: 351 calories, 7 g fat, 39 g total carbohydrate, 5 g dietary fiber, 35 g protein
DQS COUNT (per serving) VEGETABLES 1 WHOLE GRAINS 1 LEAN MEATS & FISH 1
buy albuterol inhaler,buy combigan online,buy chantix,buy voltaren gel online
July 1, 2014 at 1:36 pm
Look’s like a fine appetizer but what if you’re hungry? What are leftovers?
July 2, 2014 at 2:46 pm
If skiers are looking for a good deal on quinoa, a couple of months ago Costco (in Anch, AK at least) started selling large bags of organic red quinoa.